Friday 5 December 2014

Taking it Off!! A Makeup Remover Review

Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you well!! Today I am going to be talking about taking it off!! Your makeup that is!! This year I have tried a few different ways of getting rid of a good days makeup this year and thought it was time I shared what I really enjoyed and some products I just don't reach for much any more!!



Makeup Remover Wipes.

Milk and Co Beauty Wipes 
These have been one of my go to wipes all year and I did a full blog post on these back in January (click here to read and see more photos) they are the perfect option when taking your makeup off after a long day is too much effort. These larger sized wipes have both a smooth and exfoliating side. The smooth side is great for taking off all your makeup and the remover they are soaked in is not only gentle on the eyes but also takes off heavy shadow and liner with ease. The exfoliating side is gentle but also rough enough to get rid of any build up around your nose, between the eyebrows and is great for getting off stubborn lip stick stain as well.  These wipes are also a great option for travel. 




Cleansers 

Simple Kind to Skin Purifying Lotion
I went through a phase earlier in the year of wanting to use less chemical products to take off my makeup, I was also wanting a cleanser I could use with and without water. This is what I picked up its a really creamy lotion that massaged in takes of all your makeup gently and is as easily wiped off with cotton pads as is washed off with water. It is a little hard to get eye makeup off some gel liner and mascaras did not really budge but everything else comes off quite easily!! However this is one remover I don't reach for all that often I am not saying it isn't good but it takes a little more effort than I am willing to put in most nights particularly when I have had a long day or have been travelling.



Models Prefer Mousse Away Foaming Cleanser  with MP aquaFLEX 
This is an in shower cleanser that I picked up as it is designed for oily combination skin it says it will remover makeup, dirt and oil whilst maintaining the skins natural moisture balance. This I thought would be a good option for a double cleanse. Take my makeup off with remover, micellar water or a wipe and cleanse with this in the shower after. How do I say this politely... Fail!!! This does not take anything off and it doesn't leave your skin feeling nice. It foams well but the cleanser doesn't do anything it really didn't get makeup residue off at all and even when used just as  a cleanser it didn't really do much at all I also feel my skin produced more oil as opposed to feeling balanced. Not a product I use at all any more.



Micellar Waters 

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water  
This was my go to for a lot of the year these products are really the best thing for removing makeup I find they not only do it quickly and easily but they actually get most of the makeup off and they are up to removing heavy shadow and liner with ease. They are also quite travel friendly which I love. This one has a light scent, removes all makeup including eyes without stinging!!! 



Swisse Micellar Makeup Remover
This is my new go to and my garnier took a back seat to this when I discovered it a few months ago. Its smells so fresh (like cucumbers) and it works so well. It removes makeup with ease, doesn't sting your eyes or leave a residue. 




So that ends my post of taking it off!! I hope you found this helpful and next time your in the market for choosing a new makeup remover definitely try the milk wipes or try one of the micellar waters!!! Until next time Happy reading and Happy Shopping.

Everlynne.


No comments:

Post a Comment