Friday 22 July 2016

13 By Halloween Roulette!!!

Hey Everyone, 

Hope this post finds you well. Today post is inspired by a Youtube video I watched recently ( Finish 13 by Halloween 13)  posted by Mary Lovetart. 13 by Halloween Roulette is a quirky take on the traditional project pan. There are 52 categories and using a random number generator such as Random.org. 13 of these become the basis of the products you choose to use up, with the goal being they are finished by Halloween (31 st October). I just instantly loved this idea. Not only do I love shopping my stash I also have had a box of items from a recent de clutter that I hadn't quite worked out what to do with. I am also a person that constantly changes my makeup mind so I am interested to see if I can finally finish something!!!!

1. #28 Blush

My blush collection is a whole draw and it was one I recently decluttered as the draw was getting hard to close!! So I did turn to my box of de clutter products for this one. Its a box full of items that don't quite work for me but for some reason or another I keep them in my collection. This blush is the perfect example of that. I bought it for the same reason I can't let it go the heart patterns in the blush itself. If you haven't guessed already I'm talking about the Physicans Formula Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Blush. Beautiful packaging and the heart shapes are just so gorgeous but the shade Natural is just that natural. It gives a subtle glow and little something to the cheeks but it really doesn't do a lot for me. I really do prefer a pop of colour to the cheeks and its the reason I don't really reach for it. But I'd like to find a use for it so that is why I include it and I am also interested to see if I can make a dent in it as I find Physicans formula products can be a little never ending!!!




2. #25 Something in a Stick/Tube  

I originally thought it would be hard to choose just one product but this item was the first thing I picked up and it is perfect. Bloom Foundation Stick in Base Three I have a love hate relationship with this one. Well more hate than love if I'm completely honest. I love it because its the first sick foundation I have found that applies and blends easily, the stick is also perfect when you want extra coverage to the spot areas. But sadly it just doesn't give me a full days wear even with powder over the top. It has a tendency to disappear and sometimes go a little patchy. But I want to use it up so perfect for this project!!




3. #34 Something Shimmery

For this one it was a case of so many products so little time!! But highlighter was the first thing I thought of when I read this category. I picked this one up as it has been sitting in the back of my draw for the longest time and I know I don't use highlighter reguarly but at the same time I don't really know why I don't reach for this one. Physicans Formula powder palette Mineral Glow Pearls in the shade Beige Pearl. In the pan it looks like a bronzer and highlighter in one but swatched its more of a gold toned highlight. Interested to get more use out of it.




4. #19 Matte Lip Product 

In my recent de clutter most of my lip products were discarded as I never wear them and for hygiene reasons I couldn't really find them a better home. So this is the closest I come to a matte lip product. One of the only lipsticks that survived the cull. Savvy by db Lipstick in the shade Nude its not matte but it doesn't have a lot of gloss either its a slight sheen and I only kept it as I actually reach for it when I want to wear something either than balm.




5. #43 A Neutral Coloured Item 

I'm not sure what made me pick this product up for this one but it is perfect for this category. e.l.f Mineral Eyeshadow Primer in the shade Sheer. This is definitely a product I need to make more use of. I am terrible when it comes to applying a primer before eyeshadow. But then find myself disappointed when shadows have moved or faded throughout the day!!! Sheer has a slight pick undertone but still makes for a great neutral base. 




6. #30 Nail Polish

I was so happy to get this one. I've never really finished a lot of products but I don't think I have ever come close to finishing a bottle of nail polish. This is also a current obsession for me and I have never been a huge nail polish wearer. Rimmel London 60 Seconds Super Shine Nail Polish in the shade 345 Black Cherries its a beautiful deep purple that I am loving the perfect winter colour!!!




7. #40 Sample Product

Again so many products so little time with this one and given we are talking sample products that I am going to try and set an extra challenge of trying to finish as many samples as I can in this time. But the first on I am going to start with is the Neutrogena Hydro Boost this was literally the most recent product I have received in sample size so I thought it a perfect one to start me off.




8. #37 Maybelline Item

At first I reached for my age rewind concealer but I thought that was too easy particuarly given its already in my makeup bag. So instead I am going to try the Super Stay Better Skin Skin Perfecting Concealer in the shade Medium. I bought this when I bought a bottle of super stay foundation and while I liked this better than the foundation it never became a concealer I have reached for. Interested to see how I go using this over the age rewind!!




9. #14 Something I have already hit pan on
I change my makeup mind so often that I don't hit pan on too many things so this compact is the only thing I found that has seen that much love. Youngblood Pressed Mineral Foundation in the shade Neutral. A little while ago I went through a mineral makeup  phase and Youngblood was my brand of choice their loose powder foundation is gorgeous and I used it and still use it a lot for special occasions but when it came to touch ups a tub of loose powder and fluffy brush just doesn't work in a small clutch. This compact is slim line and perfect for on the go, it has a mirror and small space for a sponge which isn't my preferred application but it works when going to an event. Neutral also means I can pair it with any foundation I am wearing at the time. 




10. #47 Lip Gloss

This was kinda an easy one not only have I not got that many lip products but I wore this to death a couple of months ago but after a weekend trip away I realised I had lost the tube. The next time I saw it on special I picked it up then promptly found the original in a pocket of my travel bag. So with two I can certainly afford to use one.  Max Factor Colour Intensifying Lip Balm in 40 Exquisite Caramel this is a gorgeous easy to wear balm that has a good amount of colour and a good amount of gloss to it without the stickyness. 




11. #21 Something you regret purchasing 

Models Prefer Rose Nude 10 Shade Eyeshadow Palette I find this hard to write about I enjoy so many products from this brand and this just isn't the palette I thought it would be. I bought it as a trial palette as I really wanted to give rose toned shadows a try and I chose this over others as one I hadn't tried shadows from models prefer before and two it has a mix of matte, shimmer and glitter shades. Overall the quality is decent and as a beginners palette easy to work with but they just don't have the pigmentation I was looking for. The colours when swatched on your hand don't really transfer to the eyes. I also find that there is a lot of fall out and its not just the shimmer shades and there always seem to also be a little bit of powder kicked up when you  dip you brush into the pans as well. At the end of the day though I have always picked it up again and again due to the fact I enjoy this brand and want to try more looks with these shades. 




 
12. #45 Skin care Item 

I originally drew #32 Nail Strips I don't actually own any of these. The last set I received in a beauty box I gave away. So I re drew another number. For #45 I have chosen MOR Orange Blossom Hand Cream this I opened last Winter and given its got an 18 month open expiry so its probably best I use it up. The scent is beautiful and the hand cream itself is moisturising I just have to remember to apply it!! 




13. #27 Matte Product 
Out of all the categories I drew this was probably easiest to find a product for. Being oily and oily combo girl I own a lot of matte products so it was hard to settle on one but this was at the top of my list. Avene Cleance MAT Mattifying Emulsion. This has been a long time favourite but like the amount of times I change my makeup I am often trying new skin care. There is probably half a tube left so probably should finish it off. 





So that ends my 13 by Halloween Project Pan Roulette draw. I am interested to see how many products I can finish. I will come back in October to tell you how I went. I will also put the numbers and categories if you too want to give this a try. Let me know if you do.

Until then happy reading and happy shopping.

Everlynne. 


Product Categories |
1. Item of your choice
2. Product in a palette
3. Deluxe sized item
4. Item in a color you don’t normally wear
5. Drugstore item
6. Highend Item
7. Cream product
8. neutral lip product
9. Perfume
10. One of your most expensive items
11. Something hyped up on Youtube
12. glossy lip product
13. Loose powder product
14. Something your have already hit pan on
15. Something in a previous project pan
16. New item in your collection
17. Something fun
18. Something purple
19. matte lip product
20. Something you are loving now
21. Something you regret purchasing
22. Something you have never used before
23. Item that was a gift
24. Product with beautiful packaging
25. Something in a stick/tube
26. Something from an “indie” brand
27. Matte Product
28. blush
29. Full sized item
30. Nail Polish
31. Single Eyeshadow
32. nail strips
33. Chapstick/Lip Balm
34. Something shimmery
35. non-black eyeliner
36. Item in your favourite colour
37. Maybelline item
38. Tarte item
39. Urban Decay item
40. Sample product
41. Something you haven’t used in over 1 year
42. Everyday staple item
43. A neutral colored item
44. Something pink
45. Skincare item
46. Highlighter
47. lip gloss
48. Something you want to buy a full size of/repurchase
49. cream or white shadow
50. MAC product
51. Something orange
52. setting powder

No comments:

Post a Comment