Saturday 10 January 2015

Recent Purchases!!!

Hey Readers, 
I hope this post finds you well and that your 2015 has started well. Today I am talking about a few of my most recent beauty and fashion purchases that I made just before 2014 ended. I picked up a few items that I am loving and wanted to share with you today.



Beauty Stuff!!!


Nyx Golden Horizons Gift Pack

I stumbled upon this when Target were having 30% off in the previous weeks to Christmas. Sadly the sale did not include the gift pack but I picked it up as with the prices that Nyx go for here in Aus even with the 30% it still is expensive. The Golden Horizons gift pack includes pretty much a complete look all you need to do is add your favourite base. I was so excited when I picked this up I really have been wanting to try more nyx cosmetics and I thought this the perfect way!!! The main item in this pack is the Golden Horizons 10 colour eyeshadow palette. This palette is a mix of matte and shimmer colours that are predominantly neutral with a pop pf purple added for a bit of colour. All these shadows are extremely wearable and after using it a few times its really easy to put any look together the shadows are soft, pigmented and blend well. The mascara included is the Le Chick Flick water proof mascara this apparently is their smudge proof formula with a straight wand that delivers thick and dramatic lashes. I cannot wait to try I currently already have a few mascaras on the go but it definitely is on the list to be tried next!! Eyeliner included is the nyx black eye and eye brow pencil this is a quite dark black so while I may not be using it on my brows I am happy to use it as a liner. Have not tried yet but interested to see how it goes. The blush included is the shade Apricot which is a peachy pink and gold shimmer it gives the cheeks a beautiful glow. The lipstick included is from the extra creamy line in the shade Violet Ray this is a dark vampy purple which while a little darker than I usually wear trying it out its smooth to apply and comfortable on the lips perfect for a night out!! The gloss included is the butter gloss in the shade Tiramisu this is a neutral pink that is really wearable and for me is a great my lips but better shade again like the lip stick comfortable on the lips. The last item in this pack is a nyx branded black makeup bag which inside is quite large so will definitely be handy for carrying all my makeup goodies.





If you have seen my instagram you will have already seen these next items!!! The first item I purchased where from Daisio Japan if you aren't familliar with Daisio its pretty much like a $2 store selling everything from homewares, junk food items, gardening stuff, beauty, stationary the only difference everything is $2.80!!! Bargin!! I have never shopped in this store and was amazed at just how many different products are included. I was really excited to the beauty isle and while I can't give you great descriptions of all items given most of it is in Japanese I can give a brief overview of what I bought!! The eye shadow was one of the first items I picked up it was simply for the packaging!! I just love the jewel at the top!! This cute slim line shadow is a cream windup pen applicator that goes on smooth and is a light gold shade. The Mascara while in a brown tube is black and with a straight wand it says it will give lashes volume cannot wait to see how it goes. BB face cream this I picked up in a beige shade and I am not sure if it will be the right colour but I am really interested to see what a true Asian BB cream is like. Blush this is a multicolour blush that has two shimmer shades and two matte shades. These next items are from Priceline I couldn't help but pick up a few items in Priceline before their pink dot sale ended. From covergirl I picked up the Flamed out 2 in 1 shadow liner in the shade 350 melted caramel and the lashblast bombshell shine shadow in the shade 325 copper fling I have really been wanting travel friendly, quick and easy to apply shadows. As well as shadows that I can apply add liner, mascara and go. I am also hoping they will make for good shadow bases. From one of the new Essence trend edition Beach Cruisers I picked up the blush in the shade 01 I heart summer break this is one of their mutlicolour gradient blushes that has a gorgeous peach to pink spectrum it does have a slight shimmer as well. 







The Body Shop Spa Wisdom Africa Ximenia and Salt Scrub 

This was a complete impulse buy on my part. I used this scrub many years ago and loved it but being body shop and a part of their spa wisdom collection it was on the pricey side so I never repurchased. But I was in the body shop recently looking for a gift and just had to pick up the tester of this one, the smell is amazing!!! it was at this moment a sales person pointed out to me that there has been a price reduction from $49.95 to $37.95 I was sold!! This is a being a salt scrub it is better used on dry skin and while it is a little hard to spread at first as it warms up it does get easier it leaves your skin soft, smooth, feeling fabulous and smelling gorgeous. 



Amazing Face by Zoe Forster

This was a Christmas gift but I just had to include it. I have wanted a makeup inspired book for a while and have looked at this but have never picked it up but always put it on the Birthday and Christmas list and finally my other half bought it. Its a great book that gives many tips and tricks on makeup as well as going through skin care, body and hair its also quite and entertaining read.




Non Beauty Stuff
Mimco
Originally I had gone into Mimco wanting to look at their new packables range as I have been wanting a new overnight/weekender bag. The packable bag while great just wasn't going to be spacious enough for my needs so I went looking for another alternative. Now if your a fan of Mimco you will look at this and say but that's a baby bag!! Yes yes it is but the space inside, pockets on the inside and outside makes it the perfect weekender bag for me and I used this the day after I bought it and I have to say its my best buy yet!!






So that ends all the goodies I have bought before we said good bye to 2014. I cannot wait to share my future thoughts on this and if you wish to see a specific review on any of this please comment below or on my instagram!!! Until next post happy reading and happy shopping!!!

Everlynne.










No comments:

Post a Comment